• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Problem with peppers

My late season peppers were looking good until I looked at a few much closer. My yellow brain strain has a little black hole in them. The plant looks healthy with no discoloration on the stem.I did notice small snails on a pepper a few days ago. I was wondering if this was the snails or a nutrient deficiency? Any help would be appreciated.

lexx

Jackson13 said:
My late season peppers were looking good until I looked at a few much closer. My yellow brain strain has a little black hole in them. The plant looks healthy with no discoloration on the stem.I did notice small snails on a pepper a few days ago. I was wondering if this was the snails or a nutrient deficiency? Any help would be appreciated.

lexx
Pictures would help a ton to diagnose the problem.

Jackson13 said:
 My yellow brain strain has a little black hole in them. The plant looks healthy with no discoloration on the stem.

I am having the same issue with my orange habaneros. The only pests I have seen have been aphids.

Cut one of the affected pods open and see if theres a larva inside. If not, it's likely slugs. That happens to some of my pods every year.

Pulled one out of the trash and cut it open and found no signs of larvae but checked a bunch of peppers and whats left of my maters and found lots of tiny snails on both.

i've seen a real tiny black bug round in shape , crawl out of a hole  the other day . but hey its that time of year bugs galore !    :onfire:

Jackson13 said:
Pulled one out of the trash and cut it open and found no signs of larvae but checked a bunch of peppers and whats left of my maters and found lots of tiny snails on both.

You can cut down their numbers by putting out some slug/snail traps. When you drink a beer, leave a swig in the bottle and place it sideways in the garden. After a night or so, empty out the bottle and toss it. It will be full of the little bastiges. Just remember to empty them occasionally. They smell like DEATH if you leave them out too long!

Back