Problems with dwc plant wilting

Hey all,

Having a few problems with my dwc plant which is wilting. Before doing the reservoir change, a few days ago the plant seemed fine. It didn't wilt. Moments after the change it began sagging and looking unhappy. The water is exactly the same, filtered water I used last time, the nutrient quantity is exactly the same, the water temperatures are exactly the same, the PH is exactly the same. The only thing different is the PPM's reading, its 50 points lower than the first time round but the water level and nutrients are the same.

I am using GH Flora bloom and micro for the seedling phase. I don't know if this is too little nutrients but the wilting only came after the first water change. The plant was ALWAYS in the same location outdoors on the balcony. No difference in temperatures or light exposure. When I bring the plant indoors and put it under a CFL it perks up and almost looks just fine. As soon as I take it back outside it wilts. If I put it in sun light, it wilts. In the shade, it wilts. It has two 5" discs pushing lots of air into the solution.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm over feeding/underfeeding. The only thing that makes it a little happy is a 22w cfl. The plant is a 2.5 month old soil grown plant transferred into hydro.

Photos below:

How it looked first day after transplant then minutes after the first nutrient change

Now how it looks all the time when not under lights.

How it looks under the CFL

The roots

0wp8.jpg

I'm thinking maybe empty the nutrients out, maybe wash the roots a little and then mix up a new batch.

Do you guys think I need more nutrients? As you can see from the first pic the plant is well nourised. It is a much nicer shade of green than it was when it was in soil(they were too big for the pots, they must have consumed all the nutrients in there).

I feel somewhat demotivated that this is happening, I would like to do my best to rectify what is going on.

You never state how strong the solution your using is. Some plants that are transferred from soil to hydro never really adj to the switch something to do with the roots and the way they absorb water and nutrients.

Im using 4.29 ml of bloom and micro to 13 litres of water. Basically the seedling phase recommended on the GH bottle. It did fine on the first batch of nutes. She got nice and green and really perky but when I changed the nutes she wasn't happy. Still using the same mix 4.29ml. Should I keep it under the cfl for now?

I would right now to keep it happy. Try using 5ml bloom and 10 ml micro per gallon of water and see what happens. Those ratios your using are low. If your only giving it 4.29ml of each to basically 3 gallons that's really low.

rebelgrower3 said:
I would right now to keep it happy. Try using 5ml bloom and 10 ml micro per gallon of water and see what happens. Those ratios your using are low. If your only giving it 4.29ml of each to basically 3 gallons that's really low.

Alright done, added the extra nutes. Its not got 520 PPM's of nutrients, the other 70ppms was the base of the water. Its on about 590 - 599ppms. I'll see how she goes and post back. I did believe the 4.29 was low. My water temps are 24c, I'm gonna throw some ice in to lower the temps. pH is still stable at around 5.5 - 6.

Back