• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

problems with jalapeno plant

All 4 of my jalapeno plats have pods, but they are developing purple areas on them, as well as on the stems and some leaves. I also have one chilitepin that is doing the same things with the leaves. Any ideas?

I have a jalapeno and it has the same thing, but still produces fruit and a lot of them. I figured it was just part of the strain of plant and didn't think twice as it is fine and healthy.

Mine don't look so hot. No new growth, dropping of all new flowers, and the leaves are a lighter green than what they used to be. And no new pods.

Purple stems and purple nodes are OK, thats normal... Purple Leaves and veins in leaves are BAD.

Purple in leaves (unless it's a varity trait) is usual a sign of Phosphorus deficiency.

Bump... I have been noticing that a lot of my jalapeno pods have black spots especially toward the tips? Is this ok? I mean are the edible? The plant looks healthy and I am pretty sure it's not sunscald. Any ideas?

It just exposure to the sun creating anthocyanin to protect the pods by providing sort of a "sun-tan". The anthocyanin is also a source of antioxidants

Back