Profile pic

Ok, i took some pics of my plants and figured i'd use one for my profile pic. it keeps saying pic is too big. i reset camera to lowest resolution available and tried again. Still too big. I took pic to paint and continually resized pic reducing by 50% until i can barely even see the pic and when i try to upload, it still says to big. Any help would be appriciated!

IIRC - the largest the forum allows is 150x150 pixels - If you need one resized just post it as an image here and I'll load it into Photoshop and resize it for you and pm it to you - or upload it to an image hosting site like photo bucket and post a link. The image may need to be cropped a bit to allow the best fit since most photos are not square and making it smaller than 150 pixels in height to allow the 150 pixel width to fit results in a very small height. IF you need some help with it let me know either here or by PM.

for simple stuff like resizing images for web hosting...batch converting/resizing, i find that Irfanview is awsome, and free.
im pretty sure its what i used for my picture.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Hmm... last time I uploaded a new avvy pic, it required no larger than 100x100 (ppi, or pixels per inch.) If you try 150x150 and that doesn't work, try 100x100.

Hmm... last time I uploaded a new avvy pic, it required no larger than 100x100 (ppi, or pixels per inch.) If you try 150x150 and that doesn't work, try 100x100.

You could be right -- I was just going off of the info on the default Avy properties ( 150px × 150px (scaled to 90px × 90px) ) since it was the one he had in his post and figured if it was working as the default it should be the correct size !

100x100 would be tiny.

It's 200x300 max.

Back