• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Progress pics

I posted a few weeks ago about my ghost pepper plant, it's been about three weeks since then and wanted to post some progress pics and get some feed back from the hot pepper masters on here, bought this plant from a nursery at the beginning of June, been giving it chicken manure every 2 weeks with a foliage spray of epsom salt and diluting a teaspoon of epsom into water every other week. Give me some more pointers if it is at all possible ! Lots of flowers and buds all over the plant
2a157c7b7cd6f03de51fd5aeefd988d2.jpg
5433eba2f68347abbc431a0dbd319a06.jpg
5912d95363c89ba223450669279e4fb3.jpg
d1b037613b55450ab188bd97cd7cde4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. What does everyone think about trimming some of that lower foliage though?

I started to prune the lower parts of my plants but only when the growth is not too large yet and hasn't started to set any flowers. Otherwise it's energy wasted and that's not something you want. Nipping extra growth in the butt and picking some of the lower leaves for easier watering is no problem in my eyes. Especially picking the extra 'arms' before they start to grow out seems to redirect that energy to other parts of the plant. Personally I like to see a thick, lush canopy rather than branches going everywhere. 

Alright! Lookin' good! Exciting to see the first fruits. Little pods do grow pretty quickly. They seem to zoom up to a certain point and then just stay there for weeks. Congrats!

Looking great! Just think, not long now and you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labor. I hope you like it hot!

Tim

Back