• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

prolific stuffing pepper

she wants me to grow a pepper that will produce lots of pods and are about as hot as a serano give or take a little, and are good for stuffing. and if anyone has seeds of these type peppers i would like to get my hands on some!

Thank you

Eric

she wants me to grow a pepper that will produce lots of pods and are about as hot as a serano give or take a little, and are good for stuffing. and if anyone has seeds of these type peppers i would like to get my hands on some!

Thank you

Eric

go to the new mexico state university website look up thier order catologue. check out big jims new mexico chili or
the NU mex heritage 6-4

or bell peppers could work....

go to the new mexico state university website look up thier order catologue. check out big jims new mexico chili or
the NU mex heritage 6-4

or bell peppers could work....
i have issues with Bell peppers, so that is why i am asking for some ideas from people that may have grown them before.

They are not that spicey. but my favorite "hot" stuffing peppers are Poblano and Anaheim. Both can handle plenty of stuffing. wait till they are red and they have a decent kick. Most people can handle them green, so you have two choices that way. I have plenty of Anaheim seeds if you need any.

well, the verdict is in, she wants a Poblano! so i just posted a seeds wanted post in the marketplace, if anyone has seeds to spare that would be awesome! i get no sex till the seeds are confirmed! :crazy: :eek:

I am not sure I just started growing them and I was going to use them for stuffing, but more like popper style. From what I have read they grow at about 4 1/2 in long and 1 1/2 in wide.

I am not sure I just started growing them and I was going to use them for stuffing, but more like popper style. From what I have read they grow at about 4 1/2 in long and 1 1/2 in wide.

taste wise and size wise i might say go with big jims, nu mex chili. Germination rate from seeds from NMSU r awesome.

out of 60 dropped

over 20 new mexico chilis.

This is a lot of plants... planning an out door grow next spring.

Hatch, NuMex or Poblano's - they can get pretty hot and are fantastic for stuffing - I dont have any but they can be bought at most places that carry seeds or sites or friendly members...

I would ask your seed supplier if the poblanos are picante. I've had pretty picante polblanos before from the mercado.

Back