• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Promix for the whole process?

Hi everybody! I just transplanted my little Bhuts in 5 gallon buckets. I'm using a product similar to pro-mix (fafard) as a growing medium. Are there enough micronutrients in this type of soil/mix for the whole growing process, untill they fruit? Watering from the bottom... Do I need to add something to the soil like ferts or pine barks or anything else?

Thank you

Marc

Read the ingredients on the bag of Fafard. If it doesn't say anything about added nutrients, micro or macro nutrients you'll probably want to add something to the plants as time goes by.

It likely has very little or no nutrients, you'll need to add fetilizer to the "soil" or mix water-soluble nutrients with water

I think most of the Fafard products have a starter fert in them. If they do, it may last you about 2 weeks or so

When they say starter charge, I don't think there is much fertilizer at all since they aren't required to mention N/P/K ratios on the package but this is good since young plants don't need nutrients

Ok, thanks guys. So I guess I will have to water them every 2 weeks with a fertilizer water soluble is that right? Will my 10-10-10 fert would work ?

Back