• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Promix retailers in East LA county / Socal?

I'm going to be needing some more "planting medium" soon, so I figured I may as well try out the Promix everyone is raving about. It seems to be somewhat tricky to track down, though.

Does anyone know a place in the Eastern Los Angeles county area that carries the stuff? All i've been able to find through google was a message board posting on a gardening site from 2009 that says a place in El Monte has it but you have to call ahead for an appointment to meet them (which, if still available, seems like alot of effort for a single bag of peat.)

Thanks!

Melissa77754 posted a great price at a shop in Orange county which I have not found at my local hydro shops which both had it for $46 or $52, so you could try where she posted
Hi Pshngo! I get my ProMix BX for $29.95 at a nursery/supply place in Orange called "Orange County Farm supply" http://www.ocfarmsup...com/news/11/38/
It is the 3.8 cu ft bale. That place is worth a trip even from the valley, trust me you will find everything you need!
icon_smile.gif

I know several places here in OC that have them. Do a search for hydro supply online and give them a call. Most hydro places carry it or larger garden stores, but don't expect to see it at home depot, ace, or lowes or anything.

That's only if you buy 10 or more. I think it's like $35 for 1 and something like $33 for 2. Still better than most places either way.

I buy them 1 at a time for that price? I have purchased 3 different times and the price never changed.

Necroing an old thread of mine but I called today and they qouted me $38 a bag. I think they may just like Melissa.

Back