• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

promix with mycorrhizae

Got a couple cubic feet of promix pray and in the ingredients list it has, mycorrhizae - endomycorrhizae inoculant.

I transplanted my plants into this with a handful of fresh kelp at the bottom of the planting hole, then watered generously before returning plants under the HPS. Do I need to do anything else to wake up the myco-herd? Or am I good to go?

thats a good mix. the innoculant is pretty active in there most times. the Kelp will help lots too :) There are lots of things you can add for myco herd. Check out extreme gardening for examples. They have an AWESOME care package going out right now....but shhhhh don't tell everyone ;)

Is this a forum?

Also, I have an organic DWC system that I use for fun little experiments. Could I take some of this mix,put it in a sock, and add it to the resivoir to generate a myco-herd in the nute mix?

No and No...lol it wont work like that. But this does bring up and interesting idea....hmmmm

edit: After thinking abou this, I've researched a bit and Nevermind....extreme gardening makes the WP ( a powdered water soluble innoculant for use in hydro systems) Cool :)

I did a quick search for extreme gardening care package and myco, and didn't find much... if you don't want to post it on the forum, mind pming me the info?

Ken

Also:
aerated compost tea used as a foliar spray early in the am , also used as a soil drench // from what i read really builds up all the good mycrobs..

I am generally adverse to foliar sprays on healthy plants... it is as likely to cause you a problem as it is to help... However on plants with compromised root systems, they can keep the plant going until it is able to heal... However your best bet is to feed plants through the roots as nature (and God) intended :)

I am generally adverse to foliar sprays on healthy plants... it is as likely to cause you a problem as it is to help... However on plants with compromised root systems, they can keep the plant going until it is able to heal... However your best bet is to feed plants through the roots as nature (and God) intended :)

God made plants with stomata as well as roots my friend :) Foliar feeding is awesome when done correctly.

Guru, thank you for the input over the last few days. Has been a huge boost to my confidence, which I was needing after having some pretty sick plants just a couple weeks ago. Thanks!

+1

Back