misc Promotional Post Card buzz words?!

Usually this type of stuff is right up my alley, but for some reason I am stumped...

Doing up a promotional post card for the sauce company....

One side is gonna be a static promotional display for the company (website/instagram/twitter/facebook links), picture of the logo's, etc etc.

the other side I will create for the occasion......i have access to do ultra ultra cheap short run post cards, so I like the idea of having an exclusive card for different occasion. 

So, on the static page, I need some other selling points.... I have 'All Natural Hot Sauces'.   boom stumped....

What are some other buzz word / selling point words, phrases I can throw on the post card as a selling point.

Possibly mention the 'official' charity driven sauces??

What else??

Hand crafted
Artisan
Boutique
Fresh
Freshest
Select
Finest
Flavor
Vibrant
Palate
Senses

Sexy
Asian
Interracial
Midge-oh, oops - wrong buzzwords. :rofl:

Most of the good ones have been taken by others. 

Focus not only on the buzz words but the words/phrases people shop for. Only if they're applicable of course - some of these terms are regulated and have very specific processes you have to go through to become certified (non-GMO and Kosher are great examples of this). Words like "fresh" are a little risky too if your sauce is made from mash - check with your process authority. 

All natural
gluten free
low sodium (anything under ~60 mg/tsp...this is not official, but from what I've seen it's about the threshold) 
no artificial colors (or natural colors
no preservatives (or preservative free)
locally sourced
non-GMO
Vegan
Savory

Got a thesaurus? That's a great tool for this sort of thing. Another way of getting it done is to hire a writer who's good at creating blurbs if you're not a good writer yourself. It might flow better. People get very turned off by poor grammar so if writing is not your thing, I'd get a friend to help or bite the bullet and pay someone. This is a marketing tool and thus the face of your brand - if it fails to impress, it could do a lot more harm than good. 

One note about the charity driven sauces, and using that in promotion: 

I do 3-4 care packages a month to soldiers in harm's way. It's my charity of choice and I do it because I want to do it. I've done it for years now, long before I launched a company. and the only time I ever mention it (other than just now) is when I'm doing a care package drive, or trying to encourage others to do so (on my website I have a page encouraging the cause).  I do not use that charity work to sell hot sauce, ever. If a recipient comes back and posts about it, great - that's good karma and will help to promote my brand. But I'm never going to be the one to go to the top of the highest bell tower and shout out that I did or am doing a good deed. That can easily give the wrong impression at worst, and at best it could appear that I'm patting myself on the back for it, thus making more about me than the good cause. 

In my opinion it's a very delicate line between doing something for charity and people thinking that you're doing something for charity solely as a promotional tool. From my experience in life some people get very turned off if they think you're only doing something nice to pimp a product or brand. 

I'm not saying that's what you're doing - don't get me wrong. But with promotion/marketing perception is everything. 

It's 100% your call, and how you handle it can make all the difference - but my belief is that you're better off not mentioning the charity in any promotional materials unless you're promoting that specific charity. E.g. "here's a great cause that I happen to support, and here's links to them if you'd like to contribute, and oh, as an aside a % of proceeds from this product will go to that cause".  Or a demure statement on the bottle and product page stating "a % of proceeds from this product support XYZ" while never actively saying anything about it in promotional materials. 

But for a promotional mailer it could come off as being in poor taste if handled poorly. 

Finally, if you do intend to donate proceeds from a sauce, write down every single penny you make from it and track every single penny you donate, because the IRS has zero tolerance for claiming that without delivering, and from what I've been told it paints a bullseye on you for being audited. 

Just opinions of course...good luck with the cards! 

Thank you as always....leaning towards a   ALL NATURAL HOT SAUCES || NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS OR PRESERVATIVES || FLAVOR PERSONIFIED!

keeping it relatively simple as i have limited space to work with.....i think those three 'quips' should make people interested....

as for the charity....agreed....i will leave that stuff to the website only....

I'll share the post card pics as they become a reality....

:)

I've been called worse?
:rofl:

I've been mulling this over since I posted and it occurs to me that if you do want to do the charity thing in conjunction with a card, I'd suggest doing a charity drive specifically using the charity sauce to raise $ for that charity. I see nothing wrong with doing a postcard for that. I'd suggest limiting the scope of that card to only that sauce and that event (or drive, or series of events or whatever).

Your brand will get peripheral attention and you'll raise $ for charity. Win/win.

$.02
:cheers:

Basically, I have a red habanero and a green habanero sauce, all professionally made, fda loved, yadda yadda....

had special labels made for it explaining that proceeds of this particular sauce will go to the breast cancer charity.

Scott, don't recall if i include them in my package to you, but i have these little steel crows that i am attaching them to the bottle with a leather piece of string (a ghetto version of what Blair's does with their skull), and I plan to find a two-pack 5oz bottle holder to place the sauce in...put together a nice little display presentation......maybe a certificate too that explains about the charity and the reason for me doing it.....  then create a spot for it in my store....  tell people that their names will be attached to the check i write to the charity... i dunno.... still figuring out some aspects to make it worthwhile for both sides....

but thats the jist...

so this is first version.
i'm gonna brighten and mute the beige background...i want te colors of the logos to 'POP' real hard of the card...also planning on having this die of the post card be a matte finish with the other side being glossy..... thoughts? edits?

1622037_10151960827584072_2006689745_n.jpg

Matte/glossy is just what I'd suggest for what you've shown here (names glossy, rest matte) Good call.

Not sure about the front/back thing cuz I dot know what's on the back.

Make sure all claims are accurate.

Good start for sure.

DESSERT not desert.

And I'd make all the descriptive text the same size. Like the middle text for BB is smaller, not the names, just the descriptive text.

Burn has an exclamation point and BB has two, I'd just remove those.

Not sure why you need the instagram link. Is this a hipster sauce? ;)

I like one line separators, not the double ||.

WWW is old school, don't need it. The others don't have it anyway.

Looks good.

The Hot Pepper said:
DESSERT not desert.

And I'd make all the descriptive text the same size. Like the middle text for BB is smaller, not the names, just the descriptive text.

Burn has an exclamation point and BB has two, I'd just remove those. GOTCHA

Not sure why you need the instagram link. Is this a hipster sauce? ;)   I LIKE THE IDEA OF PROMOTIONG PEOPLE SHARING PICTURES OF THEIR MEALS WITH MY SAUCES. 

I like one line separators, not the double ||.   EH? ILL SEE HOW IT LOOKS...MIGHT MKE IT CLEANER

WWW is old school, don't need it. The others don't have it anyway.   SAME....NEED TO EAT A LITTLE SPACE IN THAT SECTION

Looks good.   GRATZI!!!!!

Applesauce should be one word, unless it's some other kind of sauce made with apples.

Some of the biggest buzz words I've been seeing lately are: 

Locally Produced
Made From Locally Grown Produce
Fresh From Right Here In (fill in city, county or state).

Play up that your a local company and that your supporting local growers and the community.

Back