Proper way to hang this 4' T8 fixture?

I have two of these two-bulb 4' T8 fixtures that didn't come with hooks, chains or anything else.  What is the proper way of hanging them? 
c4KrVQQ.jpg

I see the slider hole for attaching to screws or whatever but I'd rather not mount any wood to it.  It's going to be hung to a big metal shelving unit.

Notice the little bendable tabs.  I thought about for now just using key rings, then bend them down a tad and hook the chain to the rings but I am not sure how long this would support itself before bending, if it would at all?
q7ItLZW.jpg

If you have any cheap ideas or if you have these kind of fixtures and can post a photo of how you attached chains to it please post up. thanks

Also, never took one apart before but wondering if it's easily done to where I could drill a couple holes and install an eye hook, with a washer and nut holding it from the underside

Between the tubes should be a metal cover that is easily removed for mounting to a ceiling or whatever. Take the tubes out and it should be self explanatory. Then you can see where to drill holes for threaded eye bolts if you decide to go that route. Or instead of drilling holes, you could probably use the slider hole thingys with larger washers and lock nuts.

that seems like the safest and cleanest way to do it.  Just wasn't sure if I removed it that there would be enough room under there for it.  Thanks

Back