Prune & Pot or Pull & Hang to Ripen?

I'm torn on what to do. Frost is coming soon.

I have a greenhouse to use but it's unheated and stays maybe 5 degrees warmer than the outside temps by morning. I have my potted peppers in there now but want to add some of the garden ones to the collection.

I have a some beautiful plants in the garden pushing  3 1/2 feet with some ripe peppers and other peppers that are mature in size but green. Ultimately I would like to prune, pot some up and overwinter but I would hate to sacrifice peppers that I think may ripen if I pull and hang the plants.

I was thinking that I'll prune back to the full size peppers and dig the plants up and repot em big. Then after some time (?) complete the pruning down to the final overwintering size.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks

I was in the same boat 2 weeks ago. I pruned, Neem sprayed, and repotted the smallest, healthiest, most fruit-laden plants. I brought them indoors and they are already producing new growth. They are pumping out ripe pods faster than the plants I left outside. It is 50 degrees outside, but I am harvesting ripe pods daily in my living room. I couldn't be happier. My remaining plants were either left in the ground to produce until frost or harvested for powder. Smoking green pods prior to dehydrating and grinding produces some decent tasting powder...

Two weeks ago, I cut down this Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion and brought it inside to hang upside down.

When I cut it down, every pod was green.

100_0729.jpg

Back