• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PSmythe 2013

photo-18_zps1bca7991.jpg

Plugged in the germinator for the first time in years. Running at about 20 deg C, not sure if that is going to be warm enough.

Seeds: Anaheim, Long Red Slim, Ghost/Bhut Jolokia, Butch T Trinidad Scorpion, Naga Morich, Fatalii, Pimenta De Cheiro, Pimenta Malagueta, "Saigon Phô" Vietnamese, Fish Pepper, Piri-piri, Rocoto Red, Pasilla, Ancho, Thu's Vietnamese.

I'm really looking forward to growing out the piri-piri, malagueta and pimenta de cheiro, personal favourites of mine.

The "Saigon Phô" are seeds from chillies served on the side at a Vietnamese restaurant of that name in Lygon St, Melbourne. Typical small Asian birdseyes.
The "Thu's Vietnamese" seeds are from pods given to me by a Vietnamese friend named Thu. Two inch long, very hot, dark red chillies.

Still to plant are Aji Amarillo (seeds on the way from NSW, purchased on Oz eBay).

I'm renting a house in Melbourne that has a huge backyard. I've already dug 4 big beds for Spring, which currently have Winter crops in them. The turnips are amazing! Purple Globe. Full of flavour - I made a chicken soup with these last week that was just delicious...

Back