• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Puckerbutt Mix-up?

Hi and thanks for looking!  First-time poster.

I have grown a small collection of hot peppers this year with seeds from Puckerbutt Pepper co.  Last fall, I purchased Carolina Reaper, Bhut Jolokia, and something called Red Jelly Devils.  The reapers are turning out great giving my growing abilities, that isn't what brings me here.  The Red Jelly Devil seeds produced three different plants, and the Bhuts look like a different type of jolokia to me.  Although I'm no expert having only one previous grow season with superhots, a Bhut Jolokia two years ago.  

9374ce53-094b-447f-8942-68ce5c6524e6_zps0350a1c0.jpg

Starting at the top left are a few Carolina Reapers, just because  ;)  From three different plants.  At the top right are the Bhut Jolokia, also from three plants.  The one I had grown previously was much more gnarly and bumpy.  These are very smooth, except for two that have a matte finish I believe is due to my growing conditions.  Also, the bhut jolokia I had grown previously would turn very light green before going to red.  Example below.  The jolokia from Puckerbutt are staying dark green the whole time.  There seems to be a difference in flavor as well.  The previous grow was a lot brighter tasting.  The jolokia this year have a bit darker, sort of smoky flavor.  The walls of the fruit are a lot thinner than I remember too, almost papery.  

284195_10150257470131445_5533528_n.jpg

Continuing on the mystery tour, the other three peppers pictured at the top all came from the seeds in the Red Jelly Devil packet.  The bottom right looks to me like cayenne, but could be a bird pepper?  To be honest, I may have tossed a cayenne seed or two into the seed tray just to mess with myself and forgot  :rolleyes:

The small orange and red ones are from two different plants.  Both plants look the same, except for the color phase of the peppers.  The red ones are what I think is the correct presentation for Red Jelly Devils.  Although the descriptions on the website make it hard to know exactly.  The orange ones might be a match for Little Donni Sali?  Neither one have much flavor that I notice, but they are surprisingly hot for such a small pepper.  The heat seems to concentrate at the tip of the tongue as well.

One last detail.  I'm trying out a home made potting mix this year.  The peppers are in self watering 5 gallon buckets, but the soil mix retains water too well.  All the peppers have been going through periods of stress from too much moisture.  If anyone wants some pictures of the plants, I could make that happen too.

Thanks again!

Those were my thoughts as well, but didn't have enough experience to be sure.  Now to find some white bhut jolokia seeds for next year.  

Would still be nice to get confirmation of the others, mainly the little ones.

They do look like Naga morich, rather than Bhuts, but there are so many strains of Bhuts I can`t keep track. I have had odd Nagas that were matt-red like those, but always thought they were some sort of strange hybrid. They were lacking in flavor in comparison to a real Naga, but were still pretty hot. 

Donne sali are bright red, not orange. Doesn`t Puckerbutt sell both red jelly devils, yellow devils and orange devils? Maybe you got both red and orange by accident? The others do look like cayenne

Back