• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Purely Organic

I saw an article in the paper yesterday about a Garden center owner in one of the small towns just outside Columbia who made and sold a soil amendment that he called Purely Organic. He first started mixing it for roses, but soon started using it on other flowers and vegetables.

It's made of alfalfa meal, cotton seed meal, fish meal, blood meal, steamed bone meal, soybean meal, finely ground rock phosphate, sul-po-mag, kelp, greensand, and other natural ingredients. It's a bit pricey, $25 for a 50lb bag, but a little bit goes a very long way.

So, I got one of my co-workers who lives out that way to pick me up a few bags. The Guaranteed Analysis is 5 5 4, with 3% calcium,1% magnesium, and 1% iron. It's recommended that you use 3 cups/ 10 linear feet of row for vegetables, and incorporate into the soil.

I'm thinking the tomatoes will love this stuff! I'll probably use some in the pepper beds, but more like 1 1/2 cup/10 ft and only early in the season.

I got three bags, one for me, and I'll give my mother and my sister a bag as Easter gifts.

Sounds very intriguing...actually I do like the price as well, $2/pound is pretty good considering it has really good ingredients.
Let us know if your plants really love this stuff.
Do you have link to the product? or, if he sells it in the net.

thanks,

Sanj said:
Sounds very intriguing...actually I do like the price as well, $2/pound is pretty good considering it has really good ingredients.
Let us know if your plants really love this stuff.
Do you have link to the product? or, if he sells it in the net.

thanks,

I think you went backwards, it's $0.50/lb. The lady who picked it up for me said he had a really cool organic store, so I may have to make the drive out there to see what else he has.

AlabamaJack said:
echo what Sanj said...do they have an internet site?

No, he doesn't have a site, I read about this in the newspaper.

Hmm, sounds like fun.

Reminds me of this stuff that's made locally:

BioPeat Humus Soil

Bio_Peat_4_quarts_th.JPG

http://www.tandjenterprises.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl?command=goto&pid=BIP0000001

Main site has lots of other funky Organic stuff.

I originally thought of it because Omri has mentioned Humus soil as being kickass. :)

-Q

Humus is the end product, it can't decompose anymore. normal composts are usually partly decomposed.

Back