• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Purira and Numex Twilight

I "googled" both peppers and both seems identical in terms of their pods. Purira is frutaecens and numex twilight is annum based on my research..

How can you identify those two given that both plants have pods only and no flowers?

thanks in advance... :)

The structure of the plants and the leaves should be a bit different and the color phases of the pods is probably not exactly the same. I believe Twilights are usually small plants and puriras grow fairly tall

Potawie's Purira 2006
135072449821b32cf2b4ba8.jpg

The structure of the plants and the leaves should be a bit different and the color phases of the pods is probably not exactly the same. I believe Twilights are usually small plants and puriras grow fairly tall

Potawie's Purira 2006
135072449821b32cf2b4ba8.jpg

YES THE NEW MEX IS A LITTLE SMALLER i think if i can remember it only gets around 11 to 13 inches tall at the most
its also similar to NEW MEX MIRASOL which i grew this year and have pics of and have seeds for it,also the Mirasol only got about 12 inches tall and is top bunching like the twilight

twilight is an ornamental and
i believe purira taste better too

hey IRVING if you wanna see some pics of my Purira and Mirasol shoot me an email

hope this helps
your friend joe

I have a NuMex Twilight (trying to overwinter and keep from growing). It's a very small plant, and its heat didn't seem very strong to me (tasted very annuum-like though). I never heard of the Purira, though.

Back