• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Purple Bhut Jolokias

JSKaiser

Banned
Hey guys, hopefully all of you have received your Purple Bhut Jolokia seeds I sent out. Sorry for it having taken so long. And for the two of you in Australia, Nova., and JR, they should be arriving soon. I poosted a while back my address for the trades as I had forgotten to include it in the seeds I sent out and the post was deleted. Probably shouldnt put that in an open forum as was pointed out to me. Anyways, hopefully you all get to start them this season. They are pretty quick growers, and a little less finnicky than the other varieties of Bhut I have grown. I have 2 Purples growing right now, and should have fruits in the next month or so. Ill be reserving some for another round of trades for those who are interested.

Those of you who did receive the packets, should you happen to be out of trading stock, thats okay, but if you still have any available varieties, just send me a pm and let me know what ya still got, and Ill get you my address.

Thanks to everyone for the interest in the Purples. Hope you enjoy them!!

Sterling

Are there pictures of these? They sound interesting for sure. Did you create the hybrid yourself? I must have missed this one before.

I myself did not create this one. Wish I had. A buddy of mine has it growing wild in Sri Lanka amongst his other Bhut varieties. I beleive there are still pictures posted up in one of the previous discussions on here. Ill see if I can hunt em down for ya.

These you mean Sterling? Here's the original pictures you sent me.

Chris

Purplebhutcloseup.png

Purplebhutplant.png

Purplebhut.jpg

purplebhutripening.jpg

That is them!! Thanks for posting them. I hadnt found the posting of them yet. I dont have the pics of them on my laptop yet. Ill have to transfer them over. I have 2 6" Puprple Bhut Plants growing right now. Ill be putting some pictures up and starting a grow log soon. I have to get all my pictures uploaded to photobucket and so forth. Has anybody else had their seeds sprout up yet? I wanted to get reviews from everybody about them.

That is them!! Thanks for posting them. I hadnt found the posting of them yet. I dont have the pics of them on my laptop yet. Ill have to transfer them over. I have 2 6" Puprple Bhut Plants growing right now. Ill be putting some pictures up and starting a grow log soon. I have to get all my pictures uploaded to photobucket and so forth. Has anybody else had their seeds sprout up yet? I wanted to get reviews from everybody about them.

are these actually stable?
how many generations have you/your friend grown?
they don't look too much like bhut's from these pictures.

My buddy has had them for about 4 years now. He has a crop now that is about to be fruiting. This is my second set. I have some about to fruit in Houston and some in San Antonio at my brothers as well. I have some baby plants Ill be posting in my grow log as soon as I get it all put together.

Working on getting some new pics together soon. I have some old ones, but some are not great. Ill go through and see if there are any better ones for you all to see.

Back