• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Purple C. chinense?

Has anyone heard of a chinense with purple pods? I've heard of the purple habanero but have never seen pics of purple pods. The closest I've seen is the Bode Roxa but it seems like kind of an off purple. Anybody know of any other types?

Neyde is C.Chinense
chilies141.jpg

I think the Neyde is an annuum * chinense cross. Although cool looking, it certainly doesn't look very chinense. How do you find the flavor? I've heard it has chinense flavor and I've also heard it tastes like an annuum so I'm still unsure

Hey Derek the Condor's Beak Habanero starts of purple and until finally ripening red but is an aweful tasting small pepper from my experience. Terrible tasting pepper in all stages of maturity though and not worth your time growing. I really wish you would lay off putting me down about the Fatalii smackdown, I did everything by the book and produced the first ripe pod. I don't know why I'm the only one here that dares to stand up to you but this place is not big enough for both me and your ego. Why everyone else who was also aiming for first ripe pod hasn't come to my defense is disheartening but who would want to argue with king Potawie. Either this stops or I post something derogatory in all your threads.

Derek, Pimenta de Neyde is certainly C. Chinense. No cross. It's very, very hot, great flavor, and unfortunately not a good producer. I know of no other pepper on this planet that holds purple when ripe. It blows away heat of any Annuum!
A friend in Italy sent me a lot of powder of this variety. It's a cool sand color. :)
Chris

Come on PRF lets not ruin more threads. I already explained how I feel many times now and nobody else really cares! I have nothing against you personally, and am not putting you down. I just see things differently and would like to make sure these misunderstandings don't happen again. It takes a lot of effort to make everyone happy around here and thats all I was trying to do with organizing the fatalii smackdown, but obviously King potawie failed.
Lets just say its my fault for not posting specific rules.

Smackdown without rules, how creative. Kings have been known to change the rules at will when they don't win at their own game. Just admit one time who grew the first ripe Fatalii pod in your smackdown and no more ruined threads, ok.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Smackdown without rules, how creative. Kings have been known to change the rules at will when they don't win at their own game. Just admit one time who grew the first ripe Fatalii pod in your smackdown and no more ruined threads, ok.
My smackdown? I just made suggestions trying to satisfy everyone which is why it became a comparison? We all know you had the first ripe pod, nobody's arguing that but don't try to tell me I changed the rules to suit me, thats just a lie and I'm sure you know that.

captainpepper said:
Some pods on my jalapeno plant seem to have different shapes to them:-)
2999876850103462853YxeWsS
Well maybe they got crossed over here with one of my other plants, cause even if they got crossed with your "Douglah" (or whatever it is) it wouldn't show. only the plants grown from the seeds sown from the crossed pod should show signs of crossing.

Back