• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Purple seedling

Hi ppl, hope u all had a good Xmas!

I have a question about my seedling that's just popped its shell and is the deepest purple I've ever seen! The underside of the leaf is green but the top and stem are really dark? Also I have a seed that's showing a a 2mm shoot that's purple as well? What's going on?

Could be because of the particulair variety your growing. I got a couple growing that have purple leafs and stems also, like pimenta de neyde. Also if they are under lamps the veins will be a bit purplish.

Could be because of the particulair variety your growing. I got a couple growing that have purple leafs and stems also, like pimenta de neyde. Also if they are under lamps the veins will be a bit purplish.

I second that. My Bhut Jolokias start out purple, but become green as they grow, where my Butch Ts start out green, but develop a purple stem and veins as they grow.

if the leaves stay purple, which is what happened to mine, it's just them "tanning" I opened a thread about this because I was worried I was killing them, but it was just a lot of light I was giving them.. I had a powerful XtreemeLED in there with 3 flouros and the seedlings couldn't use all that light, so I took out the LED for now and switched it with another flouro. and lifted the lights a little bit so they are about 2"-3" intead of 1-2", and they look much better now, but check out my thread to see if your plants look like my pics (my pics are from seedlings that are a few weeks old, but i have a few seedlings without any true leaves that have the same color.. from the same cause)

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27124-seedlings-with-redishpurple-tint-on-leaves-causes/

Back