• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Purple spots and leaf curl?

c4852321.jpg
This is a leaf that dropped off my Douglah seedling. It has purple spots on it. Does anyone have an idea what it maybe? I have 40 odd plants and this is the only one that has these spots.
da743a29.jpg
This is the plant. It's had leaf curl since its sprouted.
6e90fb17.jpg
It's not all doom and gloom. Here are some of my others babies!

I'd give it the ol' hydrogen peroxide treatment: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31306-noticed-some-bacterial-leaf-spot-issues-on-leaves-not-just-in-my-garden-opinions-wanted/

Works like a charm on bac spot

were the spots yellow then went to purple? may I ask you to show the other side of the leaf?

I had all my plants look like this. Turned out to be a combo of really cheap nasty potting mix and overwatering in my case..

df6323fe.jpg
That's the under side. You can see the spots but they don't look they have gone through the leaf. Sorry about the blury photo.

I had all my plants look like this. Turned out to be a combo of really cheap nasty potting mix and overwatering in my case..
that's it! This was potted up in some skanky old raising mix I had in the shed. I was too cheap to buy a new bag for a couple of seedlings. I guess I'll just rough it out until its time to move outside (only a few weeks away). Then they will have a new home in some quality soil.

Should I remove this guy from the rest of my plants?

it could be something as simple as intense light causing the plant to create a purple color to help protect itself...anthocyanins?...I think that's what it's called...

or it could be the starting of Bacterial Spot as was said....

quarantine the plant or plants that have this affliction in case it is spot...

it could be something as simple as intense light causing the plant to create a purple color to help protect itself...anthocyanins?...I think that's what it's called...
or it could be the starting of Bacterial Spot as was said....

quarantine the plant or plants that have this affliction in case it is spot...
Quarantined! Poor little Douglah.

Back