• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Purple Thunder / Bhut Jolokia x (PdN x Bonda Ma Jacques)

I have decided to start a dedicated Grow Log for
the Purple Thunder Bhut Jolokia hybrid.

It made its first appearance in 2015:
"This coloration might be the result of the intense
light on these red Bhuts, but only 2/6 show the trait.
If it is a cross,the only purple-y plant near the bhut
was Trippa's Mystery Cross. All of these seeds from
the same pod:"

_DSC2559.jpg

Last edited:
Mr.joe said:
Here are my little guys. Picture doesn't do justice on the color. I hope they keep the dark foliage. Bjh-2 and bjh-3 just moved to new pots a minute ago.
Those have great root development!  
They will really take off once they get
used to the new pots.

lespaulde said:
Haha, not much protection needed up here in the North! xD

My Bjh-2 is looking happy, and I'm very pleased with the coloring so far:

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy, indeed, Erv! I'm pleased it is
growing well for you.

PtMD989 said:
Hey Joe ,Im not growing in brown sugar. Just potting soil with a little sand on top. Trying to keep the effing fungus gnats at bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was joking about brown sugar. I'm sure I'll see those gnats before too long. I was surprised they weren't here yet. I hate those gnats

Here are my three Purple Thunder plants. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'll take some better ones next week.

There's one that's clearly more purple than the other two. It's missing the apical bud though, and I'm not sure why. I have a baccatum that seems to have the same issue. I'm pretty sure I haven't damaged them. It's already recovering as you can see.

aeefc09ed605276291d996601f2fbd50.jpg

59335b7a49a35b84040c4719479e97b1.jpg

9695921b1bf8b26543e64e6d643b0026.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

b3rnd said:
Here are my three Purple Thunder plants. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'll take some better ones next week.
Pix are fine, buddy!
There's one that's clearly more purple than the other two. It's missing the apical bud though, and I'm not sure why. I have a baccatum that seems to have the same issue. I'm pretty sure I haven't damaged them. It's already recovering as you can see.

The seedling in the first pic looks like it will
be a bushy plant, basically forking at the
first node!

Good work bringing three Purple thunder
into the world! Which strain is it - I don't
remember which I sent   :oops:  I am really looking
forward to seeing how they do for you.

Good luck going forward!

PaulG said:

The seedling in the first pic looks like it will
be a bushy plant, basically forking at the
first node!

Good work bringing three Purple thunder
into the world! Which strain is it - I don't
remember which I sent   :oops:  I am really looking
forward to seeing how they do for you.

Good luck going forward!
Thanks Paul, excited to be part of the community grow! Yeah, bushy is what I'm hoping for. It's my favourite right now, hope to see some stunning pods.

I actually have no clue what strain it is. It was just labelled 'Purple Thunder' when I go it in the mail:

c985239dbf8516de0f3be26076ede3d6.jpg

b3rnd said:
Thanks Paul, excited to be part of the community grow! Yeah, bushy is what I'm hoping for. It's my favourite right now, hope to see some stunning pods.

I actually have no clue what strain it is. It was just labelled 'Purple Thunder' when I go it in the mail:

I am glad you decided to join in, Bernd!

Wow, that's my bad   :oops:  I forgot to put the BJ#
on the packet.  I wonder how many others like
that there are ( not counting seed train)? Oh well,
they are all good. Twenty percent chance of
Yellow pods!

b3rnd said:

c985239dbf8516de0f3be26076ede3d6.jpg

So... I guess it's BJh Mystery, right?  :)

They're looking great, B3rnd.  I'll take those two active lateral buds over one apical bud and smile all the way to the bank!

Guys guys guys wait for me guys hey guys wait up! 
lol.gif

purple-thunder-start.jpg

I have space for just one more of the little bottles on the right, so I stuck some PT seeds in there (forgive my labeling art; I drew lightning because I don't know how to draw thunder). Also had this can I'd sanded the top off as a test, so I figured why not put it to use? Wouldn't want anyone getting lonely.

Each block has three seeds. I've seen people in the can grow keeping two or three plants alive in that small area, so I figure I'll shoot to keep two in each container, provided I get the germination. :)

Back