• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Purple Veins in Leaves...

I was wondering if it is ok that my 7 Pod has some leaves with purple veins? Is this an indication of some type of deficiency?

100_0057.jpg

Thanks,
Josh

I'm not positive Josh, but I think it has to do with lots of light. Nothing to worry about.

All my plants have it, and they're doing great. You're plants look excellent as well, and I wish my seven pot was that mammoth!

FiveStar said:
I'm not positive Josh, but I think it has to do with lots of light. Nothing to worry about.

All my plants have it, and they're doing great. You're plants look excellent as well, and I wish my seven pot was that mammoth!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

I clicked on this thred because my 7 pod has some purple veins. I think it is fine cause my plant is healthy as can be

To quote the great one:
POTAWIE said:
Purple is usually high levels of light producing anthocyanin pigments. Anthocyanins have been shown to act as a "sunscreen", protecting cells from high-light damage by absorbing blue-green light, thereby protecting the tissues from photoinhibition, or high-light stress.

No problems. Its called Anthrocyanine(water-soluble vacuolar pigments)

Google some and find out more

Thanks for the info guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for problems down the road.

patrick said:
Purple veins are usually one of the first signs of heroin abuse. Right? Right?:P

Dammit! I knew it. I thought he had kicked the stuff. I knew he was hiding something.

Steve973 said:
Your pepper plant looks fantastic and healthy. Nice job!

Thanks Steve. I cannot wait to get my plants outside and under some unfiltered light. I won't be able to put them out for good until around May 16th. Hopefully I can start hardening them off in 2 weeks and then put them outside during the day and bring them inside at night.

Back