• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Purrira, or some thai hybrid?

I grew chiles from seeds from pods which I got at the local farmers market.  Unfortunately the types of seeds got mixed together.  I grew these last year and this year thinking that they were just some hybrid of my thai chiles, because some developed some purple on them like the thai's.  They also grew straight up off the branches just like thai chiles.  I recently saw pictures of purrira peppers on a thread.  But mine are a little more wrinkled than those and a little skinnier I think.  To me they look like fat thai chiles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sweetish flavor, with less heat than my Cayennes ( which are very hot for cayennes).  But they are less hot than the thai chiles.  They are definitely slightly fatter than my thai chiles.  I don't have a side by side shot but they might be 1.5 times wider than thai chiles and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter in length.  Whatever they are the flavor is good, and the heat is tolerable so I will use them all.

these are my thai chiles

not purira because purira fruit is more blunt, shorter and fatter also its Frutescens species and the leaves are different
also not sweet and alot hotter than most Thai species
im with the Thai hybrid but it could be purple cayenne,or black Thai, just a guess

thanks your friend Joe

Just to be clear the second post of the plant with the purple skinny peppers and wilting leaves is Thai, and not the plant in question. I will update this later after I do a side by side tasting and get a photo with a side by side comparison.

Back