• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

question about chile ripening

I'm just now seeing my first pods ripening on a few plants. My thai pods stayed green for about a month and didn't appear to be doing anything, and then overnight a few turned a pale reddish color throughout most of the pod. My jalapenos all formed reddish patches very shortly after growing to full size, but haven't seemed to ripen any more since then (a couple weeks ago). Is this typically how the pods ripen, this sporadically? Seems strange...

I'm just now seeing my first pods ripening on a few plants. My thai pods stayed green for about a month and didn't appear to be doing anything, and then overnight a few turned a pale reddish color throughout most of the pod. My jalapenos all formed reddish patches very shortly after growing to full size, but haven't seemed to ripen any more since then (a couple weeks ago). Is this typically how the pods ripen, this sporadically? Seems strange...

Some seem to ripen more quickly, while others take their time and ripen patchwork fashion. They all will ripen when ready and patience is a must. ;)

Yeah I'm still being patient, but it's hard. :D I've been tempted to pull some jalapenos but I want to let them get fully red. It's going to be really hard when the more exotic varieties I've never tried get closer to being ripe. :o

Back