• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Question About Fertilizing When Using Miracle Potting Soil

Hi,
My parents bought me three 60.5L Bags Miracle Gro potting soil, for $3.50 CAD each, last fall. I know a lot of people hate Miracle Gro but I'll be using it anyway instead of throwing it away. But my question is do I need to fertilize with Mircale Gro potting soil? It say it feeds plants for 3 months, but does that apply to fruit producing plants like peppers & tomatoes? Or does that just apply to flowers & house plants? And if I should be fertilizing at which stage should I?

Ronin said:
Hi,
My parents bought me three 60.5L Bags Miracle Gro potting soil, for $3.50 CAD each, last fall. I know a lot of people hate Miracle Gro but I'll be using it anyway instead of throwing it away. But my question is do I need to fertilize with Mircale Gro potting soil? It say it feeds plants for 3 months, but does that apply to fruit producing plants like peppers & tomatoes? Or does that just apply to flowers & house plants? And if I should be fertilizing at which stage should I?

I've used the potting mix and the 3 month nutes worked fine for 1 season.

i`ve used miracle grow and had good results with it but i added some compost to it. maybe 10 or 15 percent of the total. then a couple of times during the summer i add Alaska Fish liquid and pellet fertilizer. i don`t fertilize frequently, just a couple of times for the season. 

20190622_160551_resized.jpg

edit:  what northeast chiliman said is correct.  i use the soil for multiple seasons and my routine of fertilizing is for potting soil in it`s second and third year. 

Back