• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Question About Indoor Growing

stickyfingers111 said:
Thanks for all the links guys! Good info and a lot to think about. Im leaning towards deep water culture. Also worried about algae. Cleaning the system once a week seems like it could be one heck of an ordeal!
I've been growing two plants in DWC since March and haven't cleaned out either reservoir once with no sign of algae or anything else. Doesn't algae need light to grow? So if your container is light proof you shouldn't have any issues. 

badmoon692004 said:
I've been growing two plants in DWC since March and haven't cleaned out either reservoir once with no sign of algae or anything else. Doesn't algae need light to grow? So if your container is light proof you shouldn't have any issues. 

There are some really nasty strains of algae that don't require light to grow.  But, to be fair, if you are dealing with those, the light isn't the problem.  You've got some very huge other issues going on.
So I concur, that algae growth should be something that one is aware of, but not irrationally afraid of.  Like I always say... We don't have a problem until we do. ;)

Back