• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about peppers!

When you cook,pickle,candy,put them in hot sauce,powders is there less heat than eating a whole fresh/dried pod?

I noticed fresh pods do a number on me but the sauces and powders aren't so rough? Why is that?

any time you break anything down it cuts it! like coke if you did it pure it would kill you,because all you ever have done is weak dilluted crap. does that make sense......? im not saying you or anyone or even me have done cocaine,but do you get my point/

Yeah I get what your saying.Anytime you break something down either by cooking,etc it becomes less potent :) Am i correct?

Heat breaks it down, acid (vinegar) does too.

I make a salsa type thing thats pretty kicky... but its not shelf stable. So we eat it fast.

I don't find it to be less hot.

I just don't care for the taste of fresh/dried pods

And I noticed powders,pickled,and cooked peppers seem to burn less but you get more of the flavor

im not a big fan of just eating a pod,i like to cut them up and add them fresh in dishes. and i love adding powders also to those dishes. you get more flavor because its more of that pepper. but broke down.

When you cook,pickle,candy,put them in hot sauce,powders is there less heat than eating a whole fresh/dried pod?

I noticed fresh pods do a number on me but the sauces and powders aren't so rough? Why is that?

Ghost peppers hold the heat the best when used in cooking!!!

I just don't care for the taste of fresh/dried pods

And I noticed powders,pickled,and cooked peppers seem to burn less but you get more of the flavor

Try them grilled. If you leave the pepper whole and eat the placenta (scrape seeds out when it is cooked) too it can be equally hot or hotter as the heat breaks down the pepper flesh but all that heat had nowhere to go. Plus, the higher temperature opposed to some other cooking methods carmelizes some of the sugar in them for an added flavor boost. Broiled isn't bad either, but I like to put whole ones on shish kabobs, mostly the C. Chinense or jalapenos, but deep fried in cornmeal isn't bad either if your diet allows for the extra fat.

Try them grilled. If you leave the pepper whole and eat the placenta (scrape seeds out when it is cooked) too it can be equally hot or hotter as the heat breaks down the pepper flesh but all that heat had nowhere to go. Plus, the higher temperature opposed to some other cooking methods carmelizes some of the sugar in them for an added flavor boost. Broiled isn't bad either, but I like to put whole ones on shish kabobs, mostly the C. Chinense or jalapenos, but deep fried in cornmeal isn't bad either if your diet allows for the extra fat.
new state fair food next to the deep fried twinkie stand, deep fried ghost peppers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
i love it!

Back