• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about repotting

Hey all! I have 2 plants that are just plain sad looking. I'm talking Charlie Brown Christmas tree here. I'm sure there's probably some kind of fungus or too much water that type thing. In years past I would just sigh and let them die not knowing what to do. Thanks to all you fine folks I've learned so much and I think I can save them. I would like to try removing the plants and soaking them in peroxide and replanting in fresh clean pots.

The question is: what should the ratio be and how long? I know I've seen this info on here before but my search through the threads was fruitless. Sorry about the redundancy.

Thanks for all the help!

Here, check out my thread on this very subject;
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/16768-emergency-transplant-surgery/

It's pretty much self explanatory. Cheers.

Edit; the plant is flowering and doing well. I expect pods by the end of the month (August).

I did not read the thread Ajarn referenced but wanted to add (in case it was not in there) that using peroxide is a great way to kill bad stuff in your pots, however, IMO it is a double edged sword...peroxide also kills the beneficial bacteria in the soil and if you use too much, you will sterilize your soil, good and bacteria too...I only use peroxide when it is needed...

I did not read the thread Ajarn referenced but wanted to add (in case it was not in there) that using peroxide is a great way to kill bad stuff in your pots, however, IMO it is a double edged sword...peroxide also kills the beneficial bacteria in the soil and if you use too much, you will sterilize your soil, good and bacteria too...I only use peroxide when it is needed...

Oh! You didn't read my thread? I'm crushed! :( Just kidding! ;)

My thread was about bare root transplanting using peroxide as a root soak; not a soil treatment and you raise a very good point. Thanks. :) Cheers.

UPDATE: Well it's been a few days since repotting. I'm VERY sorry to say that I don't think either will survive :banghead: This will be the 3rd time I've tried to grow a Choc. hab with no success. I'm guessing these peppers just hate me. I have orange habs and a peach hab and even a fatalii that are doing well.

Alas, I guess I will never now the true joy of biting into a choc hab :violin: (waaaa) lol. I think I must have waited to long to get this done. To quote A Christmas Story "Now I could never be sure, but I thought I heard the sounds of taps being played. Gently"

Anyway, thanks again AjarnV and AJ for all the help.

UPDATE: Well it's been a few days since repotting. I'm VERY sorry to say that I don't think either will survive :banghead: This will be the 3rd time I've tried to grow a Choc. hab with no success. I'm guessing these peppers just hate me. I have orange habs and a peach hab and even a fatalii that are doing well.

Alas, I guess I will never now the true joy of biting into a choc hab :violin: (waaaa) lol. I think I must have waited to long to get this done. To quote A Christmas Story "Now I could never be sure, but I thought I heard the sounds of taps being played. Gently"

Anyway, thanks again AjarnV and AJ for all the help.

Bummer, maybe; got any pictures? Don't be too quick to give up.

Back