• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question about why my Jalapeno plants have seemed to stop flowering.

I "over wintered" my 1st Jalapeno plant this winter. I got 3 good sized peppers over the winter and the spring harvest has been great 20+ peppers in the 1st flowering and maturing process. I keep this one in a pot that sits on the deck, it gets decent sun and plenty of heat during the afternoon and late day. The problem is it seems to have stopped flowering and the few peppers on the plant don't seem to be growing any more? The nights have been a bit colder the last 2 weeks, and it has been raining  a bit. I have a couple that are planted away from the house, up on the hill in the garden, more direct daylight in the morning, less heat in the late day. They have been producing blossoms (not a ton but it's smaller plant's that I grew from a seeds this winter. 

I guess I was just expecting that once I pulled the ripe peppers the plant would notice and start kicking out more blossoms. Am I missing something?

Thanks Blaine

is the rain watering them on top of you watering them? could be over watering from the rain. but just my 2 cents, could be a lot of things, and yes pictures make a world of difference.  

Could be any number of things. What are your daytime temps may be a bit too hot? Could be nutes...could be water...could be too much shade...could be too many things to mention.

I agree, pictures help...also watering amount, soil, etc. like the others have mentioned.

Also, what size pot is it in?

Back