misc question for sauce company owners

good evening to you all if i am mistaken please do not shout.
i notice that a lot of people on here own sauce and chilli product companys do you guys export to the uk as i have had a quick look at a few of the sites and i am really interested in lots of the products especially defcon's T shirts they are smokin.
regards ian.

iandawn999 said:
good evening to you all if i am mistaken please do not shout.
i notice that a lot of people on here own sauce and chilli product companys do you guys export to the uk as i have had a quick look at a few of the sites and i am really interested in lots of the products especially defcon's T shirts they are smokin.
regards ian.

Hi Ian...

If you are asking for personal use, I think pretty much anyone will ship to your address. Your only concern would be the shipping costs; your shipper might want to read this link: http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/imports/imports_advice/personal_imp/ to ensure that they comply with UK import rules governing personal use shipments.

If on the other hand you are looking to resell, you should make sure that the shipper is registered with the FSA. Especially when it concerns products that may be "hazardous to human health" -- I'm not sure how they are dealing with extract-based sauces. You should also be aware of the current EU bans on peppers: http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/chilliregs2004.pdf because of the Sudan dye problem, so phtyosanitary certificates and other documentation may be required.

Good luck to you,

T

POTAWIE said:
What about Canada? I know Tina can answer that eh. I want some Defcon #1 and #2 . I'll check website and order soon.

You'll be pleased to know that it's esentially the same rules. Easy peasy. It's a personal use exemption...

If it is for reselling... You might prefer to order from a Canadian distributor in a lot of cases though because most hot sauce companies haven't gone to the lengths that DC has to translate their labels into French and if you're going to sell them, the label needs to be bilingual.

A good hot sauce distributor will help their distribuees translate the labels inexpensively.

T

Back