• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question - New growth or....?

Hey this is my tio plant that kinda lost all of it's leaves and branches over winter, but I still kept it watered

Tio
ddc73f5f.jpg

I see little things seeming to come out, but I can't tell.
are these new leaves, or branches, or just nothing?
I guess time will tell, but I'm sorta impatient. :P

Tio close up
a2a1c9d4.jpg

from what I can tell it is, Let her be and and she will come back for sure.

I tested that out on a butch t of mine, I cut it way back and trimed all the leaves off and didnt water for about 4 weeks. Went through some 40 degree nights,
and she growing now got bunch of new leaves and starting to take off now that we have been in the 80's

Yeah that's new shoots/branches/leaves. I pruned the heck out of my habanero and that's how they come back. Peppers are kind of amazing, they can come back from being little twigs, other plants I've worked with are not nearly so resilient.

from what I can tell it is, Let her be and and she will come back for sure.

I tested that out on a butch t of mine, I cut it way back and trimed all the leaves off and didnt water for about 4 weeks. Went through some 40 degree nights,
and she growing now got bunch of new leaves and starting to take off now that we have been in the 80's

sweet dude! That's great news! thanks!

Yeah that's new shoots/branches/leaves. I pruned the heck out of my habanero and that's how they come back. Peppers are kind of amazing, they can come back from being little twigs, other plants I've worked with are not nearly so resilient.

aaahh! yes! I'm stoked! thanks dude! & yeah they're really amazing plants!

Cut back on the watering.

Plant is trying regrow for you.

When they are twigs like that are you really supposed to water less?
damn, I've always thought the opposite D:

when watering plants that have no foliage, there are no leaves to feed! therfore the plant uses much less water, i cut 2 plants back 2 months ago and i still have not watered them as the bottom is still moist and they are putting out LOTS of new growth!
DSC_0019.jpg

when watering plants that have no foliage, there are no leaves to feed! therfore the plant uses much less water, i cut 2 plants back 2 months ago and i still have not watered them as the bottom is still moist and they are putting out LOTS of new growth!
DSC_0019.jpg

wow! that looks beautiful!

& yeah that totally makes sense.
So is watering them too much bad? or is it just unnecessary. & does watering it less help it out?

Watering too much is bad. It can lead to root rot esp in plwnts with little to no foliage as tge roots will sit un wet soil. So pick up the container feel its weight and check every few days till its much lighter. You can also stick a choo stick into the soil to the bottom and if it feels damp or has soil stuck on it. Dont need ti water.

Watering too much is bad. It can lead to root rot esp in plwnts with little to no foliage as tge roots will sit un wet soil. So pick up the container feel its weight and check every few days till its much lighter. You can also stick a choo stick into the soil to the bottom and if it feels damp or has soil stuck on it. Dont need ti water.

hmm okay. good info.
thank you.
so watering it much less in this situation would help?

Yeah, it's growing new leaves. Those new leaves will turn into branches :) . It is too wet even if it had leaves. It's a very good idea to cut back on the watering.

Around this time of year the sun in the windows gets stronger and your plants will spring back to life. The more light you can give that guy the more beautiful new growth you'll get. Strong light and heat is what it looks for to start growing again. It'll come back for sure and by the end of May you won't even recognize it as the stump it once was.

Good luck man

Around this time of year the sun in the windows gets stronger and your plants will spring back to life. The more light you can give that guy the more beautiful new growth you'll get. Strong light and heat is what it looks for to start growing again. It'll come back for sure and by the end of May you won't even recognize it as the stump it once was.

Good luck man

hmm alriight, I'll try to start hardening them off into full sun soon!
thank you! :D
I'm excited to see it come back!

dude dude the chili looks pretty good,

have been getting night time visits from the *%^@#%&! snails and slugs,
so please keep a lookout ( i go out at night with a flashlight and chopsticks )
for them

{and the stinking aphids seem to keep coming back}

will be sure to check back

good growing

:cool:

dude dude the chili looks pretty good,

have been getting night time visits from the *%^@#%&! snails and slugs,
so please keep a lookout ( i go out at night with a flashlight and chopsticks )
for them

{and the stinking aphids seem to keep coming back}

will be sure to check back

good growing

icon_cool.gif

thank you!
& yeaah man! keep killing those snails!
& yeah I've been getting a few aphids too D:

That OW looks like it's really going to turn out for you!

Back