• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question!

I got through most of the indoor season without these pests but some just cropped up! Ugh!

So, I've exiled these plants to the garage so the aphids don't infest the other plants. How long is okay for them to be deprived of sunlight?

Is it okay to deprive them?

These are the plants that Ive stored at my dads house (an hour away from me) and I only get there on weekends. So putting them in and out of the garage daily isn't an option.

Thanks guys!!
Nicole

hey Nicole its not agood idea to deprive your pants from the sun light they will be in abig shock when you take them out again and the leafs will get burned by the sun, so i will just keep them out.
good luck

hey Nicole its not agood idea to deprive your pants from the sun light they will be in abig shock when you take them out again and the leafs will get burned by the sun, so i will just keep them out.
good luck

I should of clarified, the other plants are inside. It is still to cold at night to keep them outside all the time (and some days are still to cold) The garage is warmer than the outside temps. I don't mind if the integration to the outside is a little slower, I am mostly concerned if they will die without light? Or die when I do introduce them...I'm okay with them being stunted in growth etc, but not with dying! Let me know if these factors change your response :o)

Thanks so much for your help!

Nicole

I'm guessing it's still too cold to leave them out in NY. Any windows in this garage? Even indirect sunlight is pretty good

G'day,
Yeah they will definately stunt and possibly go dormant without light, depending on how many plants you have you could get an LED grow light off ebay, they are pretty cheap and only use like 15watts of juice so they are very inexpensive to use, you could setup a timer with it to switch off at night.

Just a thought!

Maybe put in garage but put on heat mat or a good light source. Have you treated for aphids yet and checked all the others? Man..knock on wood..thank god i have NEVER had an aphid problem..sounds like a nightmare

At a minimum, get some organic spray, drench affected plants thoroughly and 'massage' both sides of the leaves and stems to make sure there is solid contact with the spray. I use 'Safer' but Hawaii Al likes 'Neem' with Ivory soap, which sounds really effective. This will provide immediate short term relief.

If you've got the plants isolated in the garage, get some ladybugs in there to work them over. Should be very effective in an enclosed space.

Amazing you got this far along before aphid arrival. Maybe Spring plant out will bring relief... :cool:

Back