• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Questions for 2 plants. Red Caribbean Hab & Black Pearl

The Red Hab leaves are growing downwards like they're reaching for the stem of the plant. Misshaped leaves too. I have noticed though that Habs are finicky and tend to grow like this even when supplied the appropriate nutrition. Maybe a calcium deficiency? Personally I think it's just genetic, but wanted to see what you guys thought.I am treating the black spots with hydrogen peroxide solution (fungicide). Although those can also be cause by magnesium deficiency from the chart below.
image_zpsjethjenz.jpg

This Black Pearl has leaves that are growing straight up. Kind of the opposite problem without the misshaped leaves. No idea why this is happening. 

image_zpsvky35eur.jpg

And because inevitably someone would post this: :D
nutirent%20deficiency_zpsat2zi4mw.png

My Caribbean Reds too! Like 8 separate plants. I've been going nuts trying to get to the source of it...

I've been trying to address the issue from all angles. Not much luck yet.

Hmm...

**Edit: Crazy. It's just this plant then. Wow. That changes things lol

This is what I suspected...I've looked at a lot of pictures online and ton of them look like this. It's got to be genetics.

Ok so since we are on this topic. What is the difference with Red Habanero, Maya Red Habanero, Caribbean Red and Red Savina I am currently growing all of them

Back