• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Quibz Glog

I know the seasons already winding down, but I just made an account so I want to start sharing my grow.

Last year my neighbor had a weird pumpkin looking pod come from what he thought were habanero plants.
PKzw66bh.jpg

I liked them enough that I over wintered the plant and saved some seeds
toecQfC.jpg

Between then and now I had a load of bad luck, I wont get into it, but my season this year was pretty weak. I ended up purchasing a bunch of c. frutescens peppers from the greenhouse where I work instead of starting my own seed.
OzEgpS6.jpg

It wasn't until the end of june that I started some seeds. We hired some new people at the greenhouse, one of them is from India and he got his brother to send me some seeds from home. I started the Indian seeds as well as the yellow hybrid habaneros seeds. Out of the ~20 plants I started of the habaner-ish plants I seem to have gotten 3 to 1 split of two phenotypes. The first is closer to the original so far, none of the pods are ripe so I can not tell for sure. They are slightly more blocky, like a baby bell pepper instead of like a pumpkin though
NxEYanM.jpg
lqPGAVV.jpg

The second phenotype had much lighter colored pods right from the start, and many many more of them.
ngwkVmf.jpg
VpjeUx7.jpg

The peppers from my Indian coworker turned out slightly different than I expected. He kept calling them "Ghost peppers" but they don't match the pictures I have seen really
yEt3zto.jpg

Here's an album of the hybrid plants http://imgur.com/a/ekwbr

Scorpion peppers starting to set fruit
R9sz0r4.jpg

Bhut
FZ6NSdZ.jpg

Hybrid yellow hab
jqVjDc5.jpg

Unknown purple ornamental and Black Pearl
kPSDbP9.jpg

Thai
klKPQ3C.jpg