• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quick rapid rooter question

Hey guys, I'm going to try rapid rooters for my germination phase this year and have a quick question. Can I simply buy the rapid rooter "replacement" plugs and put them in my existing trays? I know they make rapid rooter trays...but I was hoping to use most of my existing setup and simply switch out the growing medium. I have cell and flat trays with humidity domes.

I heard you can put 1/4" to 1/2" of water in the bottom and keep them moist from there while using humidity domes. I'm not sure if I'll do the bottom watering or just traditional misting once they've soaked. I'll transplant into pots once they're ready. It should work out great but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

I had great results bottom watering them in the tray. I used a humidity dome too. Much quicker than spraying
Btw I put 1/8"-1/4" water in the tray and filled up the same amount when the water was gone. So every day or two

Ignite said:
Hey guys, I'm going to try rapid rooters for my germination phase this year and have a quick question. Can I simply buy the rapid rooter "replacement" plugs and put them in my existing trays? I know they make rapid rooter trays...but I was hoping to use most of my existing setup and simply switch out the growing medium. I have cell and flat trays with humidity domes.

I heard you can put 1/4" to 1/2" of water in the bottom and keep them moist from there while using humidity domes. I'm not sure if I'll do the bottom watering or just traditional misting once they've soaked. I'll transplant into pots once they're ready. It should work out great but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
That will work fine, I use rapid rooters all the time (replacment bag). But I never mist and only put water in the tray when it almost dry. But i got the big black try, than the containers holding my rapid rooters can break down in 2 rowas of 3, So i put one upside done, and than on top of it i put another one withthe rapit rooters and and let set with the dome one.

Thanks for the tips.  I'm definitely going with rapid rooters this year with the bottom watering technique.  I usually stay away from Ebay because so much of the stuff is counterfeit or just plain bad, but I'll take a look for the plugs before buying anything and see if I can find any reputable looking stores.

Now off to the grow-tech section to get some opinions on my new lights.

Thanks again

Back