• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Quotes of Interest...

All of my favorite quotes are from General James "Mad Dog" (< he HATES that nickname, BTW ;) ) Mattis. He's got a ton of memorable ones, but here are a few of my favorites:

----------
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
----------
"No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact the enemy gets a vote."
----------
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protestor, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
----------
"It's quite fun to shoot them (terrorists). It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people."
----------
"There are just some assholes in this world that deserve to be shot."
----------
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: if you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."
----------
"There are some people that think you have to hate them to shoot them. I don't think you do."
----------
"PowerPoint makes us stupid."

I could go on and on with those lol

But I can't leave out my favorite quote of all time:

"Everybody's got a plan... until they get punched in the face."

-'Iron Mike' Tyson

:cheers:

"Death must be so beautiful.  To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence.  To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow.  To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."

ako1974 said:
I always liked "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." Just sounds cool to say, but I don't think I have ever had occasion to say it.

Where did I hear, "If wishes were horses, I'd eat horse meat every night?"

"If it's a pain in the ass...you're doing it wrong...."

Attributed to Unknown. Unknown Hinson? That too, is unknown. First time I heard the phrase it came from a meth addict laborer on an Arizona construction site. It is applicable to so much in society currently that I use it often....

WarrantMan said:

Cool, never knew that about Durant and the Bruins. That is an interesting story unto itself. Funny thing is that there are a few historians that believe Aristotle may have borrowed it from yet another Greek. The original phrase:
όλοι είμαστε είναι σκόνη στον άνεμο

One of my favourite Shakespeare quotes.

"Alas, poor Romeo! He is already dead, stabbed with a white wenchs black eye, shot through the ear with a love song, the very pin of his heart cleft with the blind bow-boys butt shaft. "

The foreshadowing and some really raunchy innuendo, combined with the ordinary everyday act of a guy making fun of his friend for falling in love.

The density of ideas and information in those few lines is truly astounding to me.

Of course the innuendo is really my favorite part.

Heart = ass

pin(hole) =center of said ass,

Cupids arrow cleaving the pin of his heart.

Basically buttf'd by love.

Foreshadowing is fairly obvious. Stabbing thru the heart at the end.

Back