• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

R. Naky

I'm trying to justify some NMSU seed purchases just to get iso Datil seed, and I'm curious about these. Great color.

If you've grown them, how is the taste? Good for frying? Salads? Anything else? Trying to find some milds for my wife to use to cook with next year.

Appears to be a gorgeous pepper as well.

I'm trying to justify some NMSU seed purchases just to get iso Datil seed, and I'm curious about these. Great color.

If you've grown them, how is the taste? Good for frying? Salads? Anything else? Trying to find some milds for my wife to use to cook with next year.

I HAVE DATIL SEEDS
RECOMMENDATIONS for your wife

i have

CRIMSON LEE
KUNJA
NEW MEX SUNRISE (YELLOW CHILE SIMILAR TO ANAHEIM)
NEW MEX BIG JIM
RATTLESNAKE ANAHEIM
HUNGARIAN WAX
ALMA PAPRIKA
UNKNOWN MILD PAPRIKA
ANATOLIAN ABHAZ
AJI BOLSA DE DULCE (seeds and placenta removed)
YELLOW TRINIDAD SEASONING
RED TRINIDAD SEASONING
SWEET HABANERO
ZAVORY
TRINIDAD PERFUME
PURPLE PERU

YOU CAN SEE MY LIST IN MARKET PLACE UNDER HOT PEPPERS AND SEEDS ITS CALLED AJIJOES SUPER SEED SALE

LET ME KNOW IF YOU INTERESTED

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

They do have great color and taste great, but almost no heat. I've only tasted them dried, red and ground into powder. Makes a pretty paprika powder, but I like the Conquistador better because it is a little more red.

I ended up ordering some last night. Hopefully they'll be productive next year. The "high temp, low humidity" description was also appealing.

I'm starting to steel myself that every summer might be like two of the last three here have been. If they aren't, then my expectations will make me thankful.

Enjoy them. And I will make a bold prediction that next summer will have perfect chile-growing weather in the U.S. I think we are overdue since the last two sucked so bad.

Back