• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Rainbow Chili Seeds - Powder Review - Armageddon F2 & Spikes F1 - Ouch!!

Vladan kindly sent me powder samples of both of his chocolate super hot crosses he grew this year. The Armageddon F2 and Spikes F1. He posted pictures of it these in his grow log and both look deadly. I grew Armageddon F1 last year and liked it a lot. The F2 pictures this season looked even meaner!

I just got done taste testing both powders tonight. To start, WOW these are both deadly hot. 10 minutes later and my tongue still feels like a spike is through it. I really enjoyed both though flavor-wise before the massive heat set-in.

I felt like both had unique flavors and easily could be told apart. I actually found Armageddon F2 to be hotter which surprised me. It has an immediate burn that literally explodes in your mouth and burns the roof of your mouth. The flavor is sort of 'earthy.' The Spikes F1 powder was superb flavor-wise. A bit more of a sweet flavor and then a blast of heat. The burn was a little less intense for me than Armageddon, but formidable. Out of the two, I'd probably use Spikes more for flavoring dishes. I'm not sure if the fresh pods exhibit the same pattern though. Sometimes that can be different than dried product.

Both are excellent crosses and I look forward to seeing how they progress. Some of the pictures of Armageddon posted on some other forums are just plain terrifying looking. lol.

Thanks for sharing the powders! I just need to tell my mouth now it was worth it. :)

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Vladan kindly sent me powder samples of both of his chocolate super hot crosses he grew this year. The Armageddon F2 and Spikes F1. He posted pictures of it these in his grow log and both look deadly. I grew Armageddon F1 last year and liked it a lot. The F2 pictures this season looked even meaner!

I just got done taste testing both powders tonight. To start, WOW these are both deadly hot. 10 minutes later and my tongue still feels like a spike is through it. I really enjoyed both though flavor-wise before the massive heat set-in.

I felt like both had unique flavors and easily could be told apart. I actually found Armageddon F2 to be hotter which surprised me. It has an immediate burn that literally explodes in your mouth and burns the roof of your mouth. The flavor is sort of 'earthy.' The Spikes F1 powder was superb flavor-wise. A bit more of a sweet flavor and then a blast of heat. The burn was a little less intense for me than Armageddon, but formidable. Out of the two, I'd probably use Spikes more for flavoring dishes. I'm not sure if the fresh pods exhibit the same pattern though. Sometimes that can be different than dried product.

Both are excellent crosses and I look forward to seeing how they progress. Some of the pictures of Armageddon posted on some other forums are just plain terrifying looking. lol.

Thanks for sharing the powders! I just need to tell my mouth now it was worth it. :)

Chris
cmpman1974 said:

Chris
Thank you for input Chris.

Back