• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Ranch Hand Candy

They arrived quickly and in good condition. Broke the Volunteer Heat and the Habanero Heat open as soon as the mailman dropped them off. Will say they are down right tasty. In my opinion it is more of a relish then a candy though it tastes like a candy. Will do a more indepth review when I try them a little more. From the little taste it is a fantastic product that I would recommend to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary.

Mick
Kato's

Tried these a little closer today. Took Richards advice and had the Volunteer Heat with some cream cheese and crackers. What a great snack. You taste the fruitiness and the chiles with the creamyness of the cream cheese all together one great snack. Next I had some of the habanero heat with pinto beans and ham it added the required spice plus a bit of sweetness for one great bowl of beans. I think I like it a bit more as a relish for the likes of beans or even on a sausage sandwich the spice is nice and the sweetness doesn't take away from the overall flavor. I don't see this product as candy though it is sweet the combonation of the sweet with the heat make it a winner. For flavor I would say a 9 out of 10 and for heat I would give it a 6 of 10 the sweetness cuts the heat down to where most folks can handle it. Overall a very good product.

Mick
Kato's

Mick,
I am glad that you liked the Ranch Hand Candy. You are correct in the relish category, the candy in the name is just a reminder that it is a "Candied Jalapenos" treat. And yet again we have a new way of eating it, with beans. Thanks again for trying the Ranch Hand Candy. Appreciate it!

I'm going to take the relish thought a bit further still have some habanero heat and was thinking I would use it Monday as a relish for my brats and burgers.

Great stuff Richard! Did you get a chance to try our Kato's Habanero Chocolate Bar and maybe the Hemi Sauce?

I really like the sweet with the heat your product supplies I will order some more because I'm thinking up more uses for it.

Keep up the good work.

Mick
Kato's

Mick,
We are having a Huge UFC party tonight and I will be passing the Hemi Sauce around. I have tried it and I love it. I am interested in trying it on a few things and will let you know the thoughts of everyone after the party, we will be trying the Chocolate bar as well.

I'm Glad that you liked the Ranch Hand Candy. It's nice to know that a "Sweet Jalapeno Treat" can be used on other things. That's why I love this forum, new ideas and information spring up everywhere. I'll be looking forward to your order.

Pleased to serve,
Richard

Back