• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rank the Supers

I wanted to get you guys "and gals" personal ratings on supers.
I have grown out 9 types of supers this year and have eaten 8 so far!
Of the 8 I have tried.here is my rating from hot to hottest!

1 Yellow CARDI Scorpion-Not really sure if it is a super but has a nice flavor and not super hot ,, has a "superhot" flavor at first and then waiting for the "punch" and more like a flick.I've had hotter orange habs.

2 Yellow 7 - This IS a superhot! Great flavor very fruity and you get a few seconds to enjoy it before it hits !

3 Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend- Very hot pepper, but nice flavor not just pure heat.Now they are starting to hurt a bit.

4 Bhut Jolokia- Stinky hot! painful not alot of flavor.. we all know that Bhut smell! :)

5 Brain Strain- VERY hot but at the same time keeping the fruity hab flavor. I love the compactness "is that a word?" of these killers!

6 Chocolate Bhut Jolokia- This is by far the stinkiest pepper ever ,, in a good way the cap just exudes!! I cut 'em up next to other supers, and there is no comparison in terms of smell!

7 Douglah- This is a piece of hot molten lava! Not much flavor but tastes more like an extract.Pure Cap would be a good description of the taste.

8 Ok, The Hottest and most painful I have personally tried so far .Has got to be the Jonah 7 That is the only pepper that ever literally brought me to my knees! :)

9 Trinidad Scorpion butch t- I have alot of pods, but am keeping my fingers crossed that I get some ripe ones before first frost!
Kevin

I've eaten Dorset Naga, Bih Jolokia, Yellow 7, TS and the one I ranked the hottest..... the Jonah. Those things are deadly.

Haven't eaten a great deal of them yet but now have a couple 7 Pot Jonah pods on the plant and 7 Pot Browns are nearly ripe so I will review that one soon. So far of superhots I have had the Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich, Trinidad Scorpion, and Chocolate Bhut Jolokia. From hot to hottest I would say Bhut and Choc Bhut were the least and about equal in terms of heat, Naga Morich was hotter, and Trinidad Scorpion was much hotter than all and I found it to be a pretty lame flavor and very extract like. At that level I guess it's hard to have much flavor when the heat hits in 2 seconds. However as a powder I like them more for the flavor.

Back