• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment RE: Frontera, and their salsa, Salpica

Any of you guys tried this stuff? Salpica is the jarred salsa from Rick Bayless, as opposed to Fronters, the bottled sauces. I went on a jag a couple of years ago to find a salsa to call my own--I found Mrs. Renfro's Habanero!! Awsome!--and I tried this stuff. I bought the Garlic Chipotle, because it had that C word, and HOT on the label. My wife, who thinks ketchup is too hot--ok, I exaggerate, but you get the idea--could have drank drunk drinked the stuff straight. And this was before I got somewhat conditioned, when I thought Pace or LV medium was kinda spicy. I e-mailed them and asked if the jar I bought missed the "hot" step in the manufacture, and if they could send me the hot part! They never answered. Hmmm.
On this ramble, has anyone tried Sadies? Looks pretty good, and I've read some nice things aboot it. But I dunno if anything will push me off of Renfro's. Plus, every time I e-mail them, Becky Renfro answers right away!
dk

azkitch said:
Any of you guys tried this stuff? Salpica is the jarred salsa from Rick Bayless, as opposed to Fronters, the bottled sauces.
The whole Frontera line is Rick Bayless'. Okay stuff. Watery!

Back