• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Re-vegging my overwinters

So I'm about to return home to GA this weekend after 6 weeks away, and it sounds like my grow is holding up decently. I've got 16 young plants crowded under the ol' 400w MH, and 6 good-sized overwinters downstairs in the regular garage space. My question is how should I go about re-introducing my first overwinters to light? Should I just bring them out with the rest in late March, or would they benefit I go ahead and put them in the perimeter of the indoor grow, slowly easing them back onto food and water? They will be re-potted regardless.

So I'm about to return home to GA this weekend after 6 weeks away, and it sounds like my grow is holding up decently. I've got 16 young plants crowded under the ol' 400w MH, and 6 good-sized overwinters downstairs in the regular garage space. My question is how should I go about re-introducing my first overwinters to light? Should I just bring them out with the rest in late March, or would they benefit I go ahead and put them in the perimeter of the indoor grow, slowly easing them back onto food and water? They will be re-potted regardless.

If you have the means, by all means.
I don't see much downside to putting some light to them indoors. The only thought is if your overwinters have pests harboring in them, you risk exposing the new (young) plants.

Like he said^ That would be the only thing I worry about would be aphids. Otherwise, give er hell, throw them babies out in the sun!

Cool. I'm thinking after looking at the weather in GA, that I might just put them right outside this weekend. That way I can let them sit outside for a week or 2 on straight water + some humic acid before I start feeding them again. Hopefully they'll have some healthy foliage coming back by the time I bring the other 16 out in a few weeks. It would make my life easier if I could switch all 22 plants from Biothrive Grow to Bloom the same week, around the start of May. I've roughly doubled my hot pepper grow from last year, yet never started any sweets. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually.

Not a bad idea, since they've been in a cool, darkish space since October. Either way, they're not getting a real feeding for a couple weeks, so I can try to gradually get them back into steady nutrient uptake. Just got home yesterday, and I'm hoping to finally get to go visit the grow after work tomorrow afternoon. I'll make my decision once I can get a real look at things.

Back