• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ready for 2010

Yesterday I spent sometime prepping my grow room for the up coming season and it just made me feel all giddy in anticipation for the start. BTW, I'm about 2 months away from starting my seeds, but felt I better get everything in order early since I'll be in a cast again this year. That's right, my blasted foot is going to be operated on again Dec. 17. I have been having troubles with it ever since I returned to work and it turns out it didn't heal right. The main tendon that runs down the inside of your ankle has pulled away from the bone. Now, the doctor has to re-attach it along with do some grafting. He is saying that I'll be laid up for about 3 months. Argh!

So, after looking at my seed stock, I have seeds from 2 years ago and was curious if they would still be viable, or if I should just save time and order new. What are your thoughts?

as long as they have not been fried or frozen, they should be OK Pf...

I haven't even started looking at my seed stock or cleaned the seed stock peppers I kept yet...

Thanks AJ, I'll give them a try then. I started doing this to get everything 'in order' so that I'm not hobbling around on crutches again stressing out like this past year.

Pf, if they give you vicadin for the pain, be careful with it...

I used to take it for back pain before I started seeing a chiropractor every two weeks and when I took them, it changed my whole personality...the wife said they made me mean like whiskey does..

I had that the last time and all it does it kills the pain and makes me dopey. This must be major surgery cause they are keeping me in the hospital for 2 -3 days for "pain management". So, whatever they send me home with I just hope it works, dopey or not.

Seeds should be alright, I have 10+ years old seeds that germinate fine and they aren't even stored well

Ciao PF-

Wow, I admire you for getting everything all squared away so quickly. I've got a mountain of trays to wash and disinfect as well as a huge stack of trays of pods and seed heads to thresh/sort/package. I'm sorry to hear that your foot didn't heal like it was supposed to. That's got to be hugely disappointing, but the good news is, at least you'll be healing during the off season.

Hugs and prayers for a fast recovery and minimal pain!

Thanks Sorellina. I am pretty bummed, almost depressed over this foot thing. But as you have mentioned, I am glad that it is the off season. Had this been around planting season, I don't know what I'd do. I just hope this next surgery works, living with pain for the past few months has really sucked.

hey PF, i really hope your foot problem gets seen to properly.i had real problems with my knee a couple years back, so i know how it feels, went on for months...hospital, everything.after a while, everything settled down ok, & now all's well.hopefully you'll be better very soon.
all the best.

Noshownate said:
Now i know why you are a naga addict :)

I believe in "USE WHAT YOU HAVE, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE"
Dictum.

This is nothing. I had a wart type patch on my left rib cage.
An year back, it started itching and growing . It got very uncomfortable. I used the same Naga Rub Therapy for one week. The wart subsided, itching went off and just a small patch is still visible.
Naga is real Magic.
The only thing I would love to lay my hands on now is "Magic Mashroom"

NJA

Back