• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

RealTomatoes - cancer fighting toms

No, but if you want fairly prolific (for slicers) purple/red tomatoes that are tough in the heat, try either Cherokee Purple or JD's Special C-Tex. Good luck and cool article. Thanks for sharing.

high anthocyanin tomato released this year form oregon state. 'indigo rose' is the variety

http://www.territorialseed.com/product/13533

very viable seeds!
IMG_5829.jpg

awesome pictures of seedlings, thanks souf! Thanks for the link too, might be getting some.

But it begs the questions, high levels of anthocynanin means that the plant does not handle too much sunlight that well. I wonder what type of lighting it needs.

awesome pictures of seedlings, thanks souf! Thanks for the link too, might be getting some.

But it begs the questions, high levels of anthocynanin means that the plant does not handle too much sunlight that well. I wonder what type of lighting it needs.

Figures it was developed in the PNW! ;)

indeed. mine lost its blue pigment along time ago probably because of the heat here.

I've grown OSU Blue and Orange Flesh Purple Smudge. Both are easy to grow, prolific with small not so tasty fruit.
OSUbluetomato.jpg

All veg with extra colors have extra antioxidants. I have loved purple veggies long before I knew that.

Back