• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Reaper And 7 Pot Jonah Plants Not Growing

Ok.  I do not know what the hell is going on here, but I have 2 very weird plants here.  From the start.  Last June I planted a couple of Reaper and 7 Pot Jonah seeds just for fun and to test viability.  So they started and I put them into cups relatively early in their lives.  I later put the Reaper into a 4" pot, and left the other in the cup.  They were both about 3-4" tall in the fall, and I did not want to just kill them, so I brought them inside and kept them alive.  They did each drop a few leaves, but did stay alive, and still are.  Only thing though, is that they did not grow any at all since they were brought indoors.  My new plants all started this year have grown to a minimum of 5 times the size already.  What gives?  Is it time I call it quits and trash them, or wait them out till I put them outside and finally put them in the ground?  They are not really in the way.  Again, the 2 plants are no huge deal to me as all my new ones are doing fine.  Thank you.

Odds are they will be stunted but worth keeping because them being seasoned root stock. Put them in a pot or outside....they should at least give you first peppers.

Oh, I can almost guarantee that they are now rootbound after 9 months.  I will be potting them up as soon as I can get all my peppers into my garage as I have ZERO space left available inside, not even for 1 more peat pellet.  If they are still alive this long, they can for sure stay just one more month.  I will be taking pictures of their progress as soon as I can transplant them.

Back