• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Reaper ID Help

I got a reaper plant as a gift and was curious how legitimate it might be?
This is my first time trying to grow a pepper plant and have found a lot of great information throughout this forum.
This is the first pepper and is around 3-4 weeks old. Over the last 2 weeks I have repotted it, but now the flowers are falling.

Please help with any id and advice to keep it growing and producing.

Sorry for the photos but they would not rotate and save correctly........LOL

Thanks

the pods looks good. first pods can always be a little weird. also reaper is notoriously unstable phenotype some people get long tails, small pods, large pods with no tail, etc.

it doesn't look like a habanero or jalapeno atleast!

Also your flowers are probably dropping because of the heat wave here  -  15 days of 95F in a row.  

Now that it's slightly cooler more pods should form.     I have big reaper plants with only 2 or 3 pods where there should be 25 to 30.

OutlawZ said:
My uncle bought it from a yardsale. LOL

The label looks like its from a nursery.   

No chain of custody in this case.  

LOL I sold some extra plants at my yard sale in April but no reapers.

I've not seen any greenhouses around Statesville selling super hots.

MisterBigglesworth said:

The label looks like its from a nursery.   

No chain of custody in this case.  

LOL I sold some extra plants at my yard sale in April but no reapers.

I've not seen any greenhouses around Statesville selling super hots.

Might have been someone that bought from a nursery and was impatient with the growth, No telling really......................
I was just happy that he bought it and gave it to me. We actually started 6 ghosts in his greeen house a couple of months ago. They have grown several inches from seed but kind of halted any growth for a few weeks.

I do competition BBQ and want to incorporate some heat with some dried and ground ghosts or now a reaper. Keeping crossed fingers that one or both do well this summer.

Wayne, if you have any need for hot pepper powders and/or sauces I have plenty of both that I make.     Dried pods, too and fresh pods in 3 to 4 weeks.

You can send me a personal message here on The Hot Pepper if you have interest.

The first pepper was questionable and was not hot as it should have been.
Has anyone experienced the first pod/pepper taking away from the plant?

Anyway, since picking the first pepper, the plant has really taken off. I now have at least 15 pods that has started and more flowers turning.
I'm very pleased and hoping these turn into full potential peppers.

Back