• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe Reaper pickle recipe

Looking for a good Reaper pepper pickle recipe. Got some up in Door county Wisconsin that were awesome. I use the liquid (in the jar) for hard boiled egg and Jalapeno soaking.Great snacking out of the jar. Thanks.

Take any pickle recipe and add reapers to the jar, just like putting in garlic cloves.

I add 2-4 quarter sized reapers per quart, fine chopped with seeds....FIRE  ;)

EDIT:

I was in a hurry earlier..sorry about the limited response.

My Grandmothers pickle recipe handed down to me in 1988 is on my profile, makes a great pickle and the recipe is designed by the quart.

If you have 4-6 pickling cucs...you could give it a try and see what the results are like by mid Feb.

Good luck :cheers:

are you looking to make pickles with reaper peppers in them or to pickle a jar of reaper peppers? 

Either way, I've used this recipe with excellent results, the Colorado Mix recipe.  You can leave out the sugar if you want, and if you have room in the refer, cold pack them for even crisper veggies.

Have Fun!
SL

This has been extremely helpful! I have 150+ orange habanero on my table and had no clue what I was going to do with the more LOL freezing is one option but I love pickled jalapenos and hopefully habanero will be just as good pickled!

Back