• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Received a ghost pepper transplant. Need help to keep alive.

I received this moruga transplant today in the mail but I believe the Arizona heat might have affected it a bit during the shipping. About 3 leaves dropped when I received it. Also, as you can see in the picture, I accidentally ripped the top of the stem where all of the leaves are, it might have to be cut off. Do you think the plant will survive? I have it under a T5 light right now to recover. The stem and leaves are still green so I think it might still be able to make it. What can I do to increase the chances of survival. Thanks for the help. 

image:
WDm6nXc.jpg

You may want to contact the seller and tell them the bad news. You may get another sent to you.

It is amazing how they can recover from trauma. Aside from waiting for the seller to hopefully reimburse you, nurse that thing lovingly by limiting any further trauma. Wait and see...

Accidently broke the top off a Primo, and the wind took the rest of the big leaves.
Sprouting new growth at all the nodes now.
But it will be way behind all the others.

Can't hurt to call the sender.

The plant should survive! The most important thing is that the roots are intact. Just give it good light and cut it just below the bend.

Ok thank you guys. I have cut it below the bend and the roots are intact. I am hoping that it will survive. It sounds like I am getting a replacement anyways. 

Be careful to NOT over water it !  You may be surprised at how well chilis can recover on their own.
I have to admit that I have killed more chilis by fussin' & messin' with them.
I have to remember they have evolved and survived for over 6 million years without humans fussin' over them!

Back