Recent Topics

Sawyer

Extreme Member
Is there a better way to view more than the 5 most recent topics that are listed in the top right of the main page?  Sometimes I don't get by THP often enough to keep up (I know, shame on me) and it would be great to be able to see what new topics I've missed.  I know I can view new content, but that includes posts to existing topics and it's somewhat tedious to scroll through all those looking for just the topics started in the last day or two.  If there is, or could be, a filter for just the most recently-started topics, that would be great.

Thanks.

No you see what is bumped also. Not by start date.

Sawyer said:
Is there a better way to view more than the 5 most recent topics that are listed in the top right of the main page?  Sometimes I don't get by THP often enough to keep up (I know, shame on me) and it would be great to be able to see what new topics I've missed.  I know I can view new content, but that includes posts to existing topics and it's somewhat tedious to scroll through all those looking for just the topics started in the last day or two.  If there is, or could be, a filter for just the most recently-started topics, that would be great.

Thanks.

You can adjust the filter on view new content.
By time period

Yes, but "new content" shows both new topics and new posts to pre-existing topics, i.e., bumped topics, as THP puts it.  I want to see just the new topics, but more than just the five that show up under the "Recent Topics" heading.  Like the "Recent Status Updates" heading has a clickable option at the bottom to "View All Updates", I'd like to see a similar option to "View the next 10 most recent topics" (or something like that) for "Recent Topics".  

Anyway, I guess it's not that big a deal to scroll through all the new content to find the new topics.  I've already found some bumped topics I'd never seen before and find interesting.  It's all good.

I'll see if I can get this into the next version, but currently not possible.

If you have popular forums you only read go to that forum and click Start Date in the red header, that is the best way right now.

I hadn't noticed the "Start Date" tab before.  That helps, but it would be nice to have something similar that covered all forums at once.  Will patiently await the next version. 

It's not in the next version but I have requested it. It's a new product so they are taking requests.

Back