• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Red and Chocolate Borg 9

We've been getting alot of questions through PMs about the Red and Chocolate Borg 9 peppers we're growing this year.  We just made our first full harvest of Chocolate Borg 9 peppers, so I figured that I would throw some pictures up for you guys to see.  The lighting is horrible because we have a raging storm going outside, but it's the best I could do.  These beauties are going off for review this week so I can't wait to see what others think of them.

Thanks for looking.

red_Choco_Borg9.jpg

red_Choco_Borg9_Cluster.jpg

Beautiful pods! They all have wonderful color! The shape of the 2 pods in the first pic is amazing! They're almost identical to each other. They look great!

-Adam

Thanks Stephen I was one of those that's asked to see photographs of each variety to use as a true benchmark as I believe there is a lot of untrue seed circulating

Out of intrest can you tell us more about the varieties ..... Especially their creator ...

Thanks in anticipation

Those are some damn fine pods Stephen. Can't freaking wait to try the reds. Those chocolates are absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see the reviews for yours. The reviews for your reds were pretty great. Really looking forward to the day that your chocolate  Borgs are released.

Trident chilli said:
Thanks Stephen I was one of those that's asked to see photographs of each variety to use as a true benchmark as I believe there is a lot of untrue seed circulating

Out of intrest can you tell us more about the varieties ..... Especially their creator ...

Thanks in anticipation
There is alot of "untrue" seeds out there because they were leaked so early in the process. The Borg 9 was created by John Harper, the same gentleman that brought us the Bubblegum 7. It's a naglah x Bubblegum. The seeds were leaked at the F2 generation by someone who was doing reviews for John. It actually reverted back to the Bubblegum 7 for most early growers and that's where the "bleeding stem" pheno came from. It's just a spikey Bubblegum 7.

The chocolate Borg 9 was discovered by Chris Saunders while growing out Borg 9 seeds from John. Chris has continued to grow out and improve the chocolate Borg 9.

We are simply doing our part to continue making both strains stable. We may release some more red pods and seeds this season, but the chocolates are off the block until 2016.

Fine pods, mate. Always nice to see something new come along.

I'm a fan of both parents and it's cool to see they come together and make something quite different than what they began as.

Back